Chers Amis,
At the beginning of Advent I mentioned that we were planning a special craft using the many cinnamon Altoid tins we found sprinkled through the house. Et voila! Our O Antiphon shadow boxes. It took a bit longer than we expected as the girls have so enjoyed working o
Here they are from the outside adorned with rhinestones (on my Advent sewing project) Aren't they adorable! Of all the crafts we have done this year this has definitely been their favorite. Part of the fun was searching the house (and yard) like the Borrowers, looking for found objects that could be used to illustrate their scene. A piece of lichen with a silk
- Wash and dry Altoid boxes
- Carefully remove tops from boxes using a butter knife to gently bend the "latches" if necessary
- Spray paint box exteriors
gold- interiors are optional and the paint seems to pool
- Punch two small holes in box to allow ribbon for hanging if using as an ornament
- Reassemble boxes (butter knife helps with tightening)
- Using Microsoft word draw a basic shape of a rectangle with rounded corners
- Format auto shape so it measures 3.33 x 2 in.
- Cut and paste text for each O Antiphon into the shape.
- Format shape for "Colors and Lines" and pick outline size/color
- Cut out text boxes and past on inside lid of the Altoid box
- Cut a background measuring 3.33 x 2 in for the shadow box. We used images from the
web, old Christmas cards, magazines and workbooks
- Make small shadow box opposite each reading using found objects and a glue gun
- Decorate outside cover with symbols/fruits for each Antiphon
- Add glitter glue, trim, rhinestones etc.
- Let dry!
- String with ribbon and display
-- Marjorie
PS -This is my first year really paying attention to these beautiful liturgical gems and they have added richness and depth to our Advent celebrations. Jenn at O Night Divine has a fabulous piece on


6 comments:
This is just incredible!
Beyond beautiful - what a fabulous version. I loved the idea when you first mentioned it and even more so now. I'll be making some Altoid shrines this year - there are many times this format could be used. Thanks and blessings to you.
Those are absolutely incredible!!!!!
These are incredible...beautiful...lovely...wonderful...breath-taking...so professional looking.
I'm in awe!
Marjorie, I don't know why I never saw these, they are so beautiful!! Lovely idea indeed :) Happy Advent!
I love how creative this craft is.
Post a Comment